Welcome to the Spring 2021 Virtual Weathering Room
- Weathering with Oil Paints – Andrew Thompson demonstrates weathering with oil paints.
- Weathering a mineral wagon – Mick Bonwick presents a short series on weathering a steel mineral wagon.
- Mick Bonwick’s Weathering session this weekend concentrated on wagon and coach weathering. The recording was split into two sections and is available below
- Mick Bonwick has also recorded some higher quality videos to accompany his live weathering session
- Weathering a planked goods van
- 5 Plank Open Wagon – an alternative method of applying a wash
- Weathering a panelled coach
- David Wager describes weathering Accurascale Cemflos:
- A Irish Railways Class 121 – Mick Bonwick’s step by step guide to weathering a Murphy Models Class 121 Locomotive.
- A 7mm British Rail 14xx – Mick Bonwick shows all the stages involved in weathering this 7mm locomotive.
- Hopper Wagons – Mick Bonwick shows the use of a paint mask when air brushing and also the importance of variation when weathering a set of wagons.
You may also be interested in the Autumn Virtual Weathering Room – click here to view, this includes Mick Bonwick take on weathering Cemflo wagons.
We have the recording of the live weathering session from the Autumn 2020 weekend available here.