The course will be looking at DCC Sound from a finecale perspective, aiming primarily at newcomers to the DCC sound world who want to explore how sound-equipped locos can enhance the operational realism of their railway.
It will look at such topics as:
- what finescale sound actually means, because it will mean different things to different ears.
- the needs of different scales, and
- consider what each attendee wants to get from the use of on-board DCC sound.
Installation is going to be a large part of the content:
- decoder choices,
- speaker choices,
- placement of the speaker in the model for best results,
- the use of synchronisers – chuff cams – in steam locos, and
- other general DCC installation tips and techniques.
- programming the decoder’s CVs is another area which we’ll make sure we look at and
- we’ll also explore tools such as DecoderPro to make that easier and more fun.