8th-10th October 2021
The Autumn 2021 programme is currently being planned, the current course content that will include
- 7mm Locomotive Kit Construction – Regular tutor Kevin Wilson will be leading the 7mm locomotive and kit construction group.
- 4mm Locomotive Kit Construction – Two tutors will be on hand to help with 4mm and smaller scale locomotive and kit construction. Regular tutor Tony Gee will be joined by Jerry Clifford.
- All About DCC – Peter Brownlow will teach you all you ever wanted to know about DCC.
- Track Building & Laying – Building and layering scale track work with Norman Solomon.
- Weathering – with new tutors Andrew Thompson specialising in non-airbrush weathering and Chris Hopper for airbrush weathering. See Andrew Thompson to bring different techniques to the the weathering room this October.
And new for 2021
- Improving Ready To Run Rolling Stock & Kits – details of this new course option which will be run by Karl Crowther can be found here, or read the latest news update on this course via our news pages.
We are hopeful that the weekend will follow the pattern of previous weekends but are mindful that there will still be some residual guidance in place regarding the Covid 19 Pandemic. We have have a Covid-19 policy in place that lists the requirements for both attendance and also for how we will all act differently whilst at the Abbey. This policy can be seen below. It remains the organisers top priority to make sure the event only takes place in a safe manner and that the participants and tutors are comfortable and able to enjoy the weekend.
The 2020 gathering was cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we offered a Virtual Weekend in its place, the content of which is available for viewing:
- All attendees should have received two doses of the vaccine with the second at least 2 weeks before the weekend.
- All attendees should take a lateral flow test before the weekend and only attend if that test is negative, see below for details on obtaining test kits.
- Attendees must wear masks or visors when moving around the Abbey.
- Attendees must wear masks or visors when in close proximity to tutors.
- Attendees must wear masks when visiting other modelling rooms.
- All doors and windows will be opened in rooms when occupied in order to improve ventilation.
- Sanitiser gel will be available and should be used frequently or when handling tools or materials shared with others