Our list of recommended tools covers most conceivable needs. This will depend what you are working on, but there’s a fair chance you’ll already own most of them.
Serious toolkits are not compulsory and some items you may care to see in use or try before you acquire them yourself. It is well known among regular attendees that if you are short of something, someone else will have it!
The lists are suggestions and contain tools that many modellers will have in their toolbox. There will also be other items that modellers have gathered and found useful. Modellers at Missenden are friendly and helpful, so ask if you see anything that interests you ar if you have any questions. You will get all sorts of ideas and tips about useful tools.
We suggest you bring with you the work lights light you’re used to working with at home as well as a plug board and extension lead.
Whatever you get, buy the best tools you can afford. They should last a lifetime!
- Backscenics And Scenics Tool List
- Electronics Tool List
- Modelling with Plasticard Tools
- List Painting & Lining Tools List
- Locomotive Kit Construction Tools List
- Building Trackwork Tools List
- Scenery Tools List
- Structure Modelling Tool List
- Wiring the Layout Tools List
- Installing DCC Tools List
- Semaphore Signalling Tools List
- Advanced Semaphore Signalling Lists
- Improving RTR Stock & Kits with Karl Crowther Autumn 2021
- Weathering Tools list Spring 2022