Welcome to the buildings & structures room at this virtual Missenden Railway Modellers Spring weekend.
- Missenden regular David Wager has produced a series of articles on kit bashing a bridge using Townsteet castings
- Another project from David Wager describes how he built a M & GNR girder bridge for Tony Wright’s Little Bytham layout
- Part 1 – Design & Construction – in this part we look and the design and construction of this brass girder bridge.
- Part 2 – Painting and weathering – with construction complete David moves on to paint and weather the girder bridge.
- Part 3 – Supplement – the techniques used and an overview of the build.
Ian Statham describes his locomotive display diorama in 7mm which came about due to his prolific locomotive building habits.
- The running shed – an O gauge diorama.
On the Saturday of this Spring weekend Tim Watson presented some projects from his workbench. This included some structure modelling, the recording of his presentation is available split over three parts, two of which include structure modelling.
- A Lynton & Barnstaple Project – this includes modelling a engine shed and its surroundings.
- The York Road Underground – the underground extension destined for Copenhagen fields.
The Laser Cutting Room also has features on making your own laser cut building kits.
You may also be interested in the buildings room from our Autumn 2020 Virtual Weekend.