There are a number of interactive events planned for the electronics room. Please see the Timetable for details.
- Wiring the layout – A series of video clips in which Chris Langdon discusses the basics of wiring your layout with long time modeller Ian Morton.
- Points – A collection of videos and other resources relating to point wiring, control and operation.
- Train Detection – The area of train detection is vast, with many techniques available, we examine some of them here.
- DCC – An area dedicated to all things DCC.
- CBUS – Howard Watkins introduces the MERG layout control bus, CBUS.
- Printed Circuit Board Design – Roger Noble gives a tutorial on designing your own PCB’s.
- Arduinos & Model Railways – Mark Riddoch discusses the “lego brick” approach to electronics.
- Component Identification and Fault-Finding – How to go about finding out why your latest piece of electronics doesn’t work.
- Assembling Kits and electronic devices – A guide to building electronics kits, the tools you will need, the techniques you require.
- Soldering Through Hole Components – Barry Mason passes on his tip for holding components.