A note on health and safety. In these videos Ian is shown spraying without wearing a paint mask. He is able to do this as he has a powerful extractor fan. You must always wear a mask with a carbon filter if you are able to smell the paint you are spraying with.
Painting of your model is a multi-stage process, the following pages show you these various steps:
- Preparing your model for painting.
- Adding a primer coat.
- The livery coat.
- Lining your painted model.
- Varnishing your finished model.
Ian’s useful livery guides for Western modellers:
- GWR Locomotive Liveries 1923-39
- GWR Locomotive Liveries from 1946
- BR Western Region Locomotive Liveries