An occasional course for scenic modellers with Karl Crowther
In response to requests from our modellers, professional modeller Karl Crowther will help you make a simple building using different techniques such as laser cutting and etched parts together with a variety of materials.
The hands-on course will take you through basic construction and particularly the artistry involved in making a convincing structure. Especially suitable for people who may have had experience with simple plastic or card buildings, Karl will help you get to the next level of scratchbuilding structures.
- basic building parts in laser-cut MDF
- suitable windows
- laser-cut slate strips
- brass wire for downpipes
- glazing material
- chimney pot castings
You will need to bring:
- tools including a cutting mat, knife, steel rule . . .
- materials such as styrene sheet, card, foamboard, paper . . .
- wall and roof covering e.g. Wills embossed sheets, embossed styrene, DAS modelling clay
- an assortment of styrene sheet & strip material – Evergreen, Plastruct, Slaters
- paint and brushes